I made these keychains for my mom and my mother-in-law for Mother’s Day. They have a few different pieces, which I think come together in a very cute way.
($6 at Hobby Lobby)
Extra Charms (optional)
Oven / Toaster Oven
Small Notepad / Similar
(to press Shrinky Dinks)
* I do not recommend using a credit card; instead, save one of those xfinity or at&t sample cards that you get in the mail. Use any kind of card that doesn’t have numbers embossed. This works so much better!
– Cut the plastic card into a rectangle (or whatever shape).
– Trace the photo so it’s the same size.
– Cut photo.
– Glue to card.
– On the back, glue another photo, or stick washi tape.
– Punch a hole in the corner.
– Brush over the photo / washi with Mod Podge and brush Mod Podge onto the edges as well.
– Let dry.
** I found the Photo Keychain idea on Pinterest.
– Preheat the oven according to package directions.
– Have your little one(s) draw on the Shrinky Dinks paper with colored pencil.
– Punch 3 holes on the edge or corner. Punch the holes to make a clover or bigger circle (because the hole will shrink in the oven as well).
– Bake for 1-3 minutes. Keep an eye on them! I baked for 2 minutes.
– Immediately press a notepad onto the baked Shrinky Dinks to prevent them from curling as they cool.
– Thread keychain through photo hole and drawing hole.
– Add extra charms, beads or whatever!
Easy enough, right? I had almost all of the materials; I just had to buy the Shrinky Dinks.