This turned out AMAZING!!!
I’ve had it pinned for a while now, and just this past week finally decided to try it.
1 lb Ground Beef
10oz Can Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilis
1/2 Cup Water
1 Cup (actually a little less) Sour Cream
2 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
(or one package)
8 oz Bag of Taco Cheese
Corn Tortilla Chips
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 dish.
– Brown beef over medium heat. Drain.
– Add diced tomatoes and green chilis, water, sour cream, and taco seasoning. Mix.
– Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
– Line the bottom of the casserole dish with tortilla chips.
– Cover the chips with the meat mixture.
– Cover the meat mixture with cheese.
– Repeat these layers once.
(You can layer more than twice if you brown more meat to make more mixture.)
– Make sure the top layer is cheese.
– Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese looks melty and done.
This is what the meat mixture looks like.
I seriously love this! Can’t wait to make it again!!