Have you heard of these mini muffin recipes where some awesome mommas sneak in nutrition?? My friend Maggie is one of those awesome mommas and she showed me this pin from the Gold Medal Flour website. I definitely wanted to try it because it’s EASY! I can do easy! There’s a lot of wiggle-room in this recipe so I made these my way:
– 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
– 1 Cup Quick Oats
– 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
– 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
2(ish) Cups Fruits & Veggies mashed up
I did this:
1 Cup Apple Sauce
1 Cup Pumpkin
– Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
-Mix the flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon until well combined.
– Make a small hole in the center of the dry ingredients to add the fruits and veggies.
– Add mashed up banana, apple sauce, and pumpkin.
– Mix it all up.
– Spoon the mixture into a greased mini muffin tin.
– Bake for 12-14 minutes.
– Keep refrigerated in a container for up to 7 days.
My kids (5 and 1) LOVE them!
Here are some variations I’ve done:
– Just a 1/2 cup applesauce to add baby food that TR no longer eats and is about to expire
– Without a banana, add more baby food or applesauce. (I don’t recommend this; I ran out of bananas.)