I found an awesome new mac ‘n cheese recipe on Pinterest! I’m a huge mac ‘n cheese fan, and I love finding new different ways to make it. Even small changes in mac ‘n cheese recipes can make for great new ways to serve it up to your family! Here’s a great baked mac ‘n cheese recipe inspired by the one-and-only Martha Stewart! I’ve made it a bit easier than the original recipe… because I like easy recipes.
– Cooking spray
– Casserole Dish
– Box of Penne Noodles
– 1/4 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
– 2 Cups1/2 Cheese Sauce (below)
– 1/2 Stick (4 Tablespoons) Butter
– 1/3 Cup of Flour
– 3 Cups Milk
– 3 1/2 Cups Cheddar Cheese
– 1/2 Cup Colby Jack Cheese
– 1/2 teaspoon Salt
– 1/8 Cup Garlic Powder
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
– Spray casserole dish with cooking spray.
– Cook Penne in boiling water for 2 minutes less than recommended on the package.
WHILE THE PASTA IS COOKING, MAKE THE SAUCE…
– Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat.
– Whisk in flour.
– Continue whisking and cooking for 2 minutes.
– Slowly add milk, stirring constantly.
– Cook, stirring frequently until sauce has thickened, about 10 minutes.
– Remove from heat, add cheeses, salt, and garlic powder.
– Stir until well combined, about 3 minutes.
– Rinse noodles in cold water.
– Add cheese sauce to noodles immediately (or refrigerate and use within 3 days).