I wanted to share a delicious chicken recipe with you that uses one of Cupcakes’ favorite foods: crackers! I found the recipe for Ritz Cracker Chicken Casserole on pinterest (of course). I tried it once before, sort of (I strayed quite a bit from the recipe, which is something I never do FOR A REASON). This time, I pretty much did what the recipe said, but I reduced everything because I didn’t want to make 5 cups of cubed chicken. I managed to get 3. I thought it turned out really well, and Cupcakes LOVED it! She gobbled it down! And since she’s a very picky eater, I was so excited to find something -with protein in it- that she actually really likes. I hope you and your family like it too!
Here’s what I did for my Ritz Cracker Chicken:
3 Cups cooked and cubed chicken (I poached some chicken tenderloins)
1/2 Cup sour cream
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
3/4 Sleeve of Ritz Cracker crumbles
[Preheat the oven to 350 degrees]
1. Poach the chicken. I did this the night before.
Put 3-4 chicken tenderloins in a small sauce pan,
add a little bit of salt and pepper and some chunks of an onion.
Filled up the pot with water to where it is about an inch above the chicken. Bring the chicken to a boil and then turn it back down to low/medium-low so it can simmer for about 20-30 minutes.
Just make sure when you cut into it, it is completely white.
2. While this is happening, crush the crackers in a large zip lock back. I employed my daughter to help with this step and we both quite enjoyed it.
3. Cut the chicken into cubes and put 3 cups of chicken cubes into a casserole dish (the one I used is square).
4. In a bowl, mix the sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Then add it on top of the chicken.
5. Melt the butter in the microwave.
6. Mix the melted butter and cracker crumbs in a bowl and add that to the top of the chicken and sauce in the casserole dish.
7. Place in the oven for about 20-30 minutes.
The original pinner said some people like to add cooked rice to the bottom of the dish to have a complete meal all-in-one. I think I should have done that. Next time.
If you make this chicken, let me know how you like it!!